Thanks to Afriski Mountain Resort, the annual Snow+Rock Enduro Event is not only a wonderful experience for enduro motorcyclists but their families get to have fun too! Supporting their favourite rider is just one of many activities that partners and kids can enjoy during the event, making Snow+Rock a wonderful family occasion.
Deep in Lesotho’s beautiful Maluti Mountains, Afriski has teamed up with Wild West Enduro Track to create an event that promises fun for beginners, a rewarding challenge for intermediate enduro riders and a chance for advanced bikers to hone their skills.
“We’re delighted to be hosting Snow+Rock Enduro once again,” commented Peter Peyper, Afriski Sales & Marketing Director. “Of course, with Afriski being a year-round mountain resort, there’ll be plenty of activities for non-riders to enjoy, including kids’ play areas, monster rollers, abseiling and Lesotho cultural visits, to name but a few,” he added.
By the end of October, when Snow+Rock takes place, the bracing cold of winter will have been replaced by gentler temperatures – making the great outdoors even more appealing. The event will represent a genuine challenge to enduro riders of every skill level and friends and family will have the option of following the race on a spectator-friendly tar road surrounded by beautiful scenery. There are options to hit the hiking trails that are well marked or mountain bike trails, both offering a different way to see the countryside.
“We’re certainly encouraging riders to bring their families to Snow+Rock Enduro,” said Francois Marais, one of the founders of the event and owner of Wild West Enduro Track. “As well as watching the riders tackle the mountains, partners and kids can enjoy their own adventures before heading to Africa’s highest restaurant to cool down with a Maluti beer or warm up with a mug of hot chocolate.”
Afriski and nearby guest houses offer well-priced, extremely comfortable accommodation with stunning views and catering options including the Sky Restaurant at Afriski – Africa’s highest eatery.
- Snow+Rock Enduro 2019
- What: A 2-day motorcycle enduro event, featuring a Lowland Ride and an Altitude Ride.
- When: October 25 – 27, 2019.
- Where: Afriski Mountain Resort, Lesotho (and surrounding areas). Afriski is approximately 5½ hours by road from Johannesburg, 6 hours from Durban, or a 14-hour drive from Cape Town.
- Who: Novice, intermediate and advanced enduro riders and their families.
- Cost: R750.00 per entry for the 2-day ride (includes goodie bag and exclusive Snow+Rock event T-shirt), no entrance fee charged for spectators.
- How to enter the event: Visit www.racecontrol.co.za/
- Other activities: Kids’ indoor and outdoor play areas, hiking, monster rollers, mountain bike trails, gorge jumping and river swimming, abseiling, 4×4 off-road routes, day trips to Katse Dam, fly-fishing and Lesotho cultural visits.
- Accommodation options: a range of options at Afriski, from a backpacker lodge to ski chalets. See www.afriski.net/accommodation/ for details.