Following a day’s engagement with the continent’s most dynamic women, it was time for the illustrious awards’ ceremony which honoured women for breaking ground in a number of key categories at the 2020 FORBES WOMAN AFRICA Gala Dinner held at Inkosi Albert Luthuli ICC Complex in Durban on Friday, 6 March 2020.
The glamorous event was held directly after the FORBES WOMAN AFRICA Leading Women Summit which was hosted by the KwaZulu-Natal government and presented by Mastercard.
“I’d like to extend congratulations to all the 2020 award winners for truly embodying this year’s summit theme, ‘The Ceiling Crashers 2.0: Power with Purpose’,” said Renuka Methil, Managing Editor of FORBES WOMAN AFRICA. “It was the perfect end to a day of enlightening of panel discussions and ‘In the Spotlight’ talks that showcased the strides being made by women everywhere. We hope these well-deserved awards serve to highlight the impact being made by these women and provide inspiration for our future leaders.”
Rakesh Wahi, founder the ABN Group, welcomed this year’s attendants to the glamorous awards’ ceremony. The opening address was given by KZN MEC for Economic Development, Tourism & Environmental Affairs, Nomusa Dube-Ncube; followed by the keynote address by KZN Premier Sihle Zikalala. Following these engaging talks, the 2020 winners were announced.
2020 FORBES WOMAN AFRICA Gala Dinner results:
Forbes Woman Africa Technology and Innovation Award
– Winner: Dr Aisha Pandor, Co-founder of SweepSouth, South Africa
Forbes Woman Africa Gen Y Award
– Winner: Nthabiseng Mosia, Founder of Easy Solar, Sierra Leone
Forbes Woman Africa Entertainer Award
– Winner: DJ Zinhle, South Africa
Forbes Woman Africa Entrepreneur Award
– Winner: Olajumoke Adenowo, Founder of Ad Consulting, Nigeria
Forbes Woman Africa Male Gender Advocate Award
– Winner: Bafana Khumalo, Co-founder of Sonke Gender Justice, South Africa
Forbes Woman Africa Social Impact Award
– Winner: Charmaine Mabuza, Co-founder of Zamani Holdings, South Africa
Forbes Woman Africa Pioneer Award
– Winner: Irene Charnley, Founder and Deputy Chairman of Smile Telecoms Holdings
Forbes Woman Africa Chairperson Award
– Winner: Ibukun Awosika, Chairman of First Bank of Nigeria
Forbes Woman Africa Legacy Award
– Winner: Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, South Africa