Proudly featured as Attacq Limited (Attacq) premier super-regional retail asset, the Mall of Africa will kick off its 3rd birthday celebration on Sunday 28th April, with exciting activities and offers for its customers.
The Mall will be offering free parking for all shoppers on the Sunday as well as “Surprise & Delight” spot prizes and exclusive giveaways. Customers can also look forward to the launch of the Antique Fair, which will take place every last Sunday of the month in the Crystal Court, upper shopping level.
Although the Mall is only 3 years old, it has already been established as the premier destination for shopping and lifestyle experiences. Key milestones include:
- Home of Cool: Mall of Africa received the ‘Coolest Mall’ award at the 2018 Sunday Times Generation Next Awards. The Mall’s constant commitment to pushing the boundaries of innovation and originality in order to create a unique shopping experience for its visitors has resonated with South African youth and has firmly positioned Mall of Africa as the preferred and experiential destination for many South African millenniums.
- Spotlight on Sustainable & Renewable Energy: Mall of Africa boasts the world’s largest integrated solar installation. This record-breaking project is not only the largest rooftop Solar PV system of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere, but also the world’s largest integrated rooftop PV/Diesel hybrid solution.
- Performing Par Excellence: The Mall’s outstanding performance in the past financial year has been supported by the densifying of Waterfall City as well as a well-balanced tenant mix. In the past year, Mall of Africa has seen foot count increasing on a 6% average, spend per head increasing by 7% and trading density rising on average by 13%.
- Living La Vida Luxury: The Mall has not only become the preferred home of a range of lifestyle and leisure events, but also boasts an impressive tenant mix that includes luxury brands such as Emporio Armani, Hugo Boss, Michael Kors, Paul Smith, Versace and more.
- The Art of Experience: Mall of Africa has established itself as a patron of the arts creating a regional hub for African Art, as it hosts exclusive seasonal Art Collectives in partnership with the Julie Miller Investment Art Institute, which is the largest series of public art exhibitions in South Africa. The Art Collective has set the Mall on par with upcoming African Art Fairs around the world that include the 1-54 Contemporary African Art Fair hosted in London, New York and Marrakesh. Mall of Africa also unveiled two iconic African sculptures, ‘’There is no time like the present,’’ designed by local artist, Rina Stutzer, with a line sculpture that represents an Africa rooted in tradition, the bare bones of a continent that hold us all together and the second sculpture, built from mirror-finish stainless steel plates, that allows us to see the wealth of opportunity and the inherent potential that lies within all of us.
- Vintage Collaboration: The Mall celebrates the third year of successfully hosting the National Antiques & Decorative Arts Faire (NAADA), with the launch of its monthly Antique Fair, taking place on the 28th of April.
“Mall of Africa is leading the way in the international trend of adding entertainment and event experiences to the retail mix – something that is revolutionising the shopping centre experience around the globe as changing consumer habits reshape the retail world. Our team of creative and enthusiastic specialists are constantly striving to add further value to our Mall. We are excited to welcome a multitude of new experience stores as tenants and are thrilled to have become the premier shopping destination,’’ said Johann Fourie, General Manager of the Mall of Africa.
The success of Mall of Africa is as a direct result of location, easy access, world class design as well as the densifying of Waterfall City that includes commercial, industrial, retail, residential and new planned apartments.